Following public consultation, discussions and deliberations, the Islands Trust Council has adopted a strategic plan for its 2014-2018 term of office.
Trust Council will focus on the following 10 priorities:
- Protect the natural environment of the Islands Trust Area
- Preserve, protect and advocate for coastal shorelines and marine areas
- Reduce community ecological footprints
- Protect quality and quantity of water resources
- Enhance (protect / restore) community character, socio-economic diversity and economic sustainability
- Strengthen relations with First Nations
- Improve organizational cost effectiveness and resilience
- Improve cooperation and integration with other levels of government
- Improve community and agency understanding and support of the Islands Trust
- Improve community engagement and participation in Islands Trust work.
A copy of the 2014-2018 Strategic Plan is available online.